Why Looks Really Do Matter
Yesterday we looked at 5 tips to help you prepare for your interview. Here are 5 more tips:
1. Always go to your interview clean cut. This means hair cut, shaven, tattoos and piercings covered up tastefully. The bottom line is you want to look like you made an effort and are committed to success. The last thing you want your interviewer thinking is that you just rolled out of bed. Spend time getting ready and making sure you look clean cut.
2. Keep makeup and hairstyles simple and classic. As with your clothing you don’t want your hair or how you did you makeup to be distracting to the interviewer. Opt for a subtle natural look.
3. Take a hard look at yourself in the mirror after you have chosen what you are going to wear. What’s the impression they’re going to get? Step outside of yourself and think about what you would think when you looked at yourself for the first time. Is this the impression you want to make?
4. Two things not everyone pays attention to but can make a big impression: your teeth and your nails. If your teeth are not as white as they could be, or your nails not trimmed and neat – do something about it. This can give a bad impression. You want to look completely professional and put together so pay attention to every detail.
5. And last but not least, wear something that makes you feel confident, like the person who can have that job. When you feel confident you will express that confidence to others.
Do you have any questions or comments about how to prepare for your interview? I’d love to hear your thoughts. You can use the comment feature below.
Certified Career Coach