Today we're looking at how do you know when it is time to leave your job? Review the signs below to help you determine if it's time to leave.
all have our ups and downs at work. Some weeks, we're super-productive;
other weeks — not so much. So how do you know when you've crossed into
the realm of "It's time to update my resume and begin the official
This was my story: I knew it was time to go when I found myself crying in the
bathroom at work. Yes this is a little embarrassing to admit, but it’s
true. And I’ve spoken to many people who have done the same thing. (I
even tried shopping therapy to see if a new suit would boost my
feelings about my job. It didn’t work.)
Here are some signs that it’s time to make a career change:
- You dread getting out of bed in the morning – every morning.
- Your work relationships and performance are beginning to suffer. You’ve started to avoid certain people and tasks.
- You’re not doing your job as well as you used to.
- You become "someone else" at work. You feel like you can’t be yourself at the office.
- The position doesn't make use of your talents.
- You spend most of your time engaged in complaining about your job.
Here's to having a career you love!
Career Coach for Singles