I recently came across these networking tips from RE: Focus on Careers. I hope you find them useful:
- What counts is not what you know, nor who you know: It’s Who Knows You!
- Be in the know: pay attention to industry news & local events and others will view you as a resource
- The more you help others, the more others will want to help you
- Help others help you (by being specific about your objectives)
- Make others feel comfortable by introducing yourself
- Volunteering is a great way to network!
- Dress for success.
- Ask for advice (not a job)!
- Always wear a professional name badge
- Always Be Networking
For more articles on networking, visit my articles page here:
Here’s to a career you love,
Work/Life Balance Coach