You need to be practical about taking the steps to find a career that you enjoy. But you also need to dream, and I recommend dreaming first. Dreaming first helps you brainstorm all the possible career ideas that might work for you before you get practical and start to figure out how to make it happen.
Take some time to think about and write down your responses to these questions:
- What’s the one thing that drives you to get out of bed each morning and face a new day?
- Recall your proudest moments in life. What were you doing when these took place? What gifts or talents of yours manifested themselves at such moments?
- If you had a secret superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your daydream of The Perfect Job for you? What are you doing, exactly? Which tasks do you take care of yourself, as opposed to the things that other people will handle?
- Is there someone in life who you admire, look up to, or even envy because you wish you had the life/career/experiences they have? What do they do and what part of that do you find attractive?
- Which parts of your current job do you dislike, and why? What would you want to have instead?
For more help with this process feel free to contact me! Click here to read more about Brainstorming Your Ideal Career Path. Hallie