Finding a mentor, coach or someone who has “been there” can be a huge asset for your career search.
Because we are often met with resistance, hit with frightening and discouraging "rumors" about the career marketing or industry of our choosing, we can feel like the wind was just knocked out of us. Finding a career can be scary and isolating. This is not a healthy way to feel when trying to break out of established ruts and make a motion for improvement in our careers.
For this reason, if you're serious about finding a new job that has you springing out of bed each morning, you'll want to invest in a career coach, or career counselor. Many people who decide to make a bold move in their career, start up their own business or return to school to learn a new skill or trade, do so with the help of a career coach or counselor. A career coach can give much needed practical advice and guidance, while offering an objective viewpoint on your personal situation.
A career coach can help you:
- Create and implement a transition plan
- Set realistic reachable goals
- Network effectively and efficiently
- Identify the career path you want
- Push gremlins aside and step out of the box and your comfort zone
- Overcome obstacles
- Find a career that’s right for you (not what other’s think is right for you)
If you are interested in a career coaching contact us and set up a complimentary consultation today!
Career Transition Coach