Here are 6 more helpful tips to have a successful job search:
- Watch what you say and never bash a former employer.
- Dress for the job you want.
- Ask yourself what does a prospective employer need and how can I fulfill that need.
- Be aware of trends in your field. This will help you remain competitive in the marketplace and know when it’s time to beef up your skills to stand out from the crowd.
- Get support. People who have the support of a group, do better 100 percent of the time.
- Focus on what you can control. You can’t control the economy or the job market but you can control your reaction to it. Remain positive and pro-active.
Hallie Crawford is a certified career coach and founder of HallieCrawford.com. Her team of coaches helps people find their dream job and make it a reality. She is regularly featured as an expert in the media including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and US News & World Report. Visit her website at www.HallieCrawford.com for more information about her teams career coaching services and to sign up for a complimentary consultation.